Thursday, October 14, 2010

occupé, occupé.....

Bon Soir à tous!

Hope you are all having a good week, the weekend is here soon WOHO :)
Well this start of the week has been very active, have been doing stuff EVERYDAY and I love it!
But first I need to vent:
FRENCH PEOPLE AND THEIR STRIKES I´M FED UP WITH IT!.. Ok got it out of my system now.. lol.. The stikes hasnt stopped (its been going on since I arrived over 1 month ago). This tuesday there was a HUGE strike, well huge in the fact that over 200 students stood outside MY school trying to get in and get our older students to join them. The principals had to close all the gates which ment that I couldnt get out lol.. Had to go through the gate where the students go and which was watched over by staff from the school. Same this happened today, I was in the kitchen when I hear something outside. I look out and see loads of students (not ours as I didnt recognize any of them) running in the street and some screaming like crazy. As I knew, all the gates were closed again.. *sigh*. Apperantly there is a strike being planned on Saturday.

Ok lets start with what I have been up too.

Lundi: Had only 2 lessons as Aurelie (older was away all this week), the lessons went quite fast. My french lesson went really well, I worked with a new teacher as my teacher is off on holidays this week. I joined another teacher and group and we did alot of talking. In the evening I met up with Sarah (the other english assistant) to try out for a choir. Apperantly Cécile who we know through Happy People sings in this choir so it was nice to know someone there. When we arrived we noticed that the average age of this choir was 60+ lol apart from me, Sarah and Cécile.. lol.. But they were so cute all the old ladies, welcoming us, helping us with song cheets and stuff like that. They were happy to have fresh blood there they said. When we entered the music room we met the "maestro" who was a woman, and we were asked what range we sing.. I was like a question mark, eh I dont know. Never sung in a "professional" choir before, but Sarah was soprano so they told me to sing with her and try out. So there we stood for one and a hal:f hour singing a Vivaldi Song: Laudate Dominum Omnes Gentes (which was difficult but very nice with all the semitones), A latin christmas song: In Natali Domini and a french christmas song called: Hiver, Hiver (we loved that one but we only sang it through once). After the practice they had their anual meeting which we attended and they got a ride home from Cécile.  It was really nice to sing, but Im not sure I will join, Sarah is not sure either. It cost 55 euros and I think I want to spend the 55 euros on traveling instead, as Im only here to December.

Mardi: On Tuesday had my 3 lessons, they went well aswell. At 13 I met Maiju in town, needed to buy some things for the home and then we went back and watched a movie. Interview with a Vampire, she had not seen it before and it had been a while since I saw it. We had a nice afternoon, then she had to go back and pick up the boy she takes care of from school and I had to eat dinner before I was off to climb again with Sara and Marion. This time the climbing went so much better, some paths I took last time and didnt make it, I made it this time. I climed together with a guy while Sara and Marion climbed together. The first 3 times went really good, I was like cat woman but then I tried a harder  path and I pulled a muscle in my arm. It really hurt so I stoped climbing so instead I stood down on the floor "holding" the person who was climbing safe up in the wall. We met very nice people at the club as there was much more people this time that last.

Mecredi: On wednesday I only had 1 lesson instead of 3. Aurelie (young one) got some bad news that her grandad had died so she was off from school. As this day was the birthday of Cécile from HP and in the evening was the weekley meeting at Le Cham´s me and Sara decided to go and buy some brithday hats and ballons for her, to celebrate her. As every wednesday its Cécile who makes the cake and this day was no different. As we didnt know a shop in town which sold this stuff we headed off to Auchan (huge supermarket) on the other side of the river and found what we were looking for + more. In the evening we congratulated and sang for Cécile and ate her yummy pear-chocolate cake. This evening Julia (the assistant in spanish) came to the pub which was nice and I got to meet her spanish friend and also got to know a chilean guy who is a musician. I didnt say long as I had a lesson at 8 the following day.

Ajourd´hui: So today I was up really early, took a shower and got ready for my early lesson and guess what? Aurelie (older one) was NOT here and of course Aurelie (younger) neither (maybe its easier if I call the younger one Aure haha).. That ment NO lessons and I got up in vain.. So I went back to the flat and slept for 1 more hour.. then I decided to try out doing the chocolate balls im doing for tomorrows International Dinner with HP. Its been a while since I did them so I wanted to try out the flavour before making loads of them, and they turned out really good I think, the ones who got to try them liked them. In the afternoon I met Sara who is now going to the french lessons with me in Saint Peray.. YEY.. In the evening I had my new English friends over for dinner (well they cooked lol). We had a great time. Oh I do have a pic from tonight here we are having dinner at the dining room which is never used:
left-right: Jacob, Sophie, Moi, Jo and Sarah.
They are all assistant teachers like me and well Sarah and I are on the same school, they are all really nice. Well now Im sitting here eating swedish candy that my mum sent me this week. I got a little package with some swedish candy and a winter hat lol.. KIITOS ÄITI (mwah)

So I will be back with a new post on Sunday. Then I will hopefully have pics from the International Dinner and pics of Lyon (im planing on going to Lyon with my chilean friend Daniela and Peruvian friend Diana on Saturday if the strike lets us).

Grosses Bises!

Song of the day: La Vie En Rose with Mme Piaf


No comments:

Post a Comment