Sunday, October 10, 2010

J´adore...

Salut!

Have you all had a good weekend? I sure have, and before I tell you about it I must tell you what happened when I went out with Sara and Pierre on friday night.

We started by going to a bar which was full with young people and very good hip hop music, it was nice but the music was a bit loud so we couldnt talk so we decided to take a second drink at another place. After walking around looking for places to go to we found a bar which seemed ok. I was very happy cuz I was able to have one of my fav drinks Passoa with orange juice there. After sitting there drinking, talking we hear a woman talking very loudly to another one who was sitting down. I didnt understand what she was saying but I could tell by the body language that it was nothing nice. Very quickly the argument turned into a REAL cat fight, chairs flew, one of the woman was on the floor (the one who seemed to have started it all). It was a bit fun to see I must admit haha.. but I felt so sorry for a little boy who sat at the table with them (he was the son of one of the women). He run away crying =( . It seems like the one who started it was a bit high and just started an argument with the woman sitting down with her family having a drink. So now we realised there´s some action in this little town haha..

So Samedi I had to wake up early to take the 8.10 am train to Grenoble aka the capital of the Alpes. This was my first trip alone but it went well as I had my Ipod with me and well I slept the whole way lol. At Grenoble Gare stood Diana waiting for me, she doesnt live in Grenoble but in a town outside so she was my tour guide for the day. We decided to go to the turist information first to get a map and more info about things you could do. We bought a daily tram card so we could get around easily as Grenoble is much bigger than Valence. At the T.I we got a map in spanish (easier for both of us to understand) and went off. We decided to visit the big mall first as the morning was quite foggy so going up to the mountain wouldnt be so nice as you would be able to see the sights so well. The mall we went to was HUGE.. We spent 4 hours there and we only visited a few stores, ZARA, Beishka, Nuff Nuff (gotta love that name.. lol), Courrir (where I bought my new sneakers), footlocker, Disney store (where we at least spent an hour, I was trying to find something for my little cousin who has her 3rd birthday in Nov). We also had a nice american lunch there lol, I FINALLY had a burger (how I have been longing for a burger), well It was fish burger as they didnt have a veggie one.

Around 2 we decided to head off to the mountain or rather to the egg lifts that was taking us to the mountain. Diana´s sence of direction was not that well so we used her iphone as GPS lol

After a few wrong turns we finally arrived to the river where the lifts are, here you have the Isère river:

The little Eggs.. lol..

Me and diana in the "egg"

The view when we arrived up in the top to what used to be a castle a long time ago.

As some of you might know, Grenoble is surounded by the mountains: Chartreuse to the north,Vercros to the south and west and to the east Belledonne range. Dont ask me which one is which on the pics as I have no clue.. lol.  

Here you can see the river again from the top.

Me sitting by the stairs they had.

This is the centre of Grenoble.

Me and Diana with Grenoble behind us

Me peeking in on people´s houses. (take notice the shopping bags beside me, hehe)

After enjoying the beautiful view and eating a nice Ice cream as it was quite warm we decided to check out the museum of the Alps Rangers or something like that. It was for free so we went in and had a laugh, taking funny pics. I really hope they dont have cameras in there.. lol..
Me and some soldiers.

a scary dark room..

Eh.. *no comments*

I found a URS poster.. lol Just had to take this for my Diva friends.

Some ski soldiers, on their way to sarajevo, Tchad, Afghanistan and other places.

Me and diana with the soldiers.

After the museum we decided to clim up to the top of the Castle to get a better view.

Me almost falling over.

Some more mountains.

Sitting and chilling with Grenoble behind me. We actually stayed here for a while, talking, enjoyng the warm weather and view.

In the egg on our way down. It felt like it went much faster to go down than up.

A nice garden we passed on our way to Rue Victor Hugo aka the shopping street.

I really wanted to visit Lafayette, as they dont have it in Valence and I wanted to buy a Longchamp bag. Have been wating one for some years but been to cheap to buy it for me :p and I found a really pretty one, in purple. As its my birthday in 17 days I decided to buy myself 2 things I really liked and wanted. So there are my new sneakers:

And my pretty Longchamp bag


I said goodbye to Diana and took the train back to Valence at 7 pm. I had a great day but I was so tired when I got home that I went pass the Chinese shop on the way home to buy some springrolls and I didnt feel like cooking. Helped Mai with her spanish homework and then went to bed.  I will probably go back to Grenoble another day as I loved the shopping there and I only visited one of the turistic things, have more to see.

Today has been quite calm, let myself sleep. Cleaned my room, did the dishes, washed my clothes and around 4 Maiju came over to watch Swedish Idol whích I LOOOVE. The best one yet I think. Have 2 favs Jay Smith and Olle Hedberg (Maiju agrees with me on that). Well im going to watch a movie and then off to bed have classes tomorrow and french lesson. Oh and me and Sarah (other english assistant at school) are maybe going to check out a choir (to maybe join it hehe), I have sung in a choir before but this will be interesting as it will be in french, wish me luck!

Bon Nuit à tous et Bisous!

Song of the day: Emanuel Moire - La Fin (such a beautiful song)



3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic trip you had to Grenoble. The view from the mountain was amazing, thanks for the beautiful pics, loved the Urs poster :-)
    Kram and hugs Bekka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment bekka! Yeah the view is AMAZING! I should have stolen the Urs poster for urs.. lol.. hmm.. should plan a trip to grenoble again soon.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit! Viken utgâng med brâk och stolar som flög! Men vad roligt att se bilder pâ dig!! Grenoble ser ut att vara en fantastisk stad! Och du ser ut att ha det bra! :) BISOUS

    ReplyDelete