Sunday, November 7, 2010

I´m baaaaaaack................

BONJOUR À TOUS!

How have you all been doing?...

I havent been writing as I had a 12 days long holiday from school and as many of you know I went back to Sweden. Those 12 days at home was great but I missed Valence a bit aswell I must admit, i´m kind of used to this life now.

As you know my trip back home took about 14 hours due to the strike and plane being late and another cancelled (it was not my day) but the trip back home went much smoother. Everything went as planned and when I arrived at the Valence Gare it felt like I never left. One other thing I noticed was how much warmer it is here comparing to Sweden. I left my spring/fall coat at home and brought back my winter one, big misstake as its to warm for that.. lol.. Hopefully it will get a little colder so I can wear it, luckily I have my windcoat that I can wear now.

So what have I been up to since I arrived. Well on the day I arrived not much happened as I arrived in the evening. But on wednesday it was back to school (fun to see the kids again and the teachers of course). Nacira, Auré and Aurélie had a gift for my birthday 24 macaroons from Gillet (the fancy place) :O I wasnt expecting getting something from them, it was so sweet. As it was wednesday it was of course it was back to the HP meeting. It was fun to see everyone again.
Here its me with Sara and Pierre

Thursday it was school again and back to my french course. I was a litte worried as I had not studied at all for 2 weeks. I had just started reading a french book "le petit prince" but that was all. But the lesson went well and I had only 2 misstakes in the dictation test we had :). In the evening I went to meet the english gang that I had not seen for a while. Sarah cooked a nice pasta and we had a nice evening telling what we had been doing during the holidays.

Friday I was really tired after my 2 lessons, dont know why. I think the talking activites I did with the kids was a bit tiring for me as I had to tell them to be more quiet as they talked very loud (they are not so used to do walking around activities here in France and my activity was that). In the evening I went to Jake´s place to celebrate Sarah´s birthday and the fact that it was Bonfire night. We had such a great time, met a lot of new people, we were over 15 in Jake´s little apartment and after a few hours it got a bit loud so poor Jake got complaints 2 times. After the second time we decided to end the party in his place and we headed out instead. While the other continued partying in a pub I went home as I had an early morning the following day. 
Here are some pics from the party:

Jake, Sarah and Jo making a playlist for the evening

 The macaroons I got from the teachers, I needed help to eat them.
Sarah smoking her sparkle..lol

Me and the birthday girl

The guys playing with sparkles aswell


On saturday morning I met Maiju to go to make a day trip to Marseille. We took the fast train from the other station outside Valence so Maiju´s hostmom gave us a lift. The trip went fast only 1 hour instead of 2 with the slow train. The weather was not so well, it was very foggy and cloudy when we arrived (but not cold) but after a while the sun came out and the it went away, it was like that the whole day lol.
So first we went to the centre, to find the tourist information to get a map and the first thing we visited was the harbour. 

Then we just took a quick look at the main shopping street where the turist information was.

We bought a metro/bus card and we took the bus to the Chateau du Pharo, it was up in a hill so it was a nice view of the centre from there.

Here is the centre and the harbour

Me and Maiju and the now blue sky and you can also see the coast

In the garden of the chateau was this cute cat who we first thought was dead but he was just resting in the sun.. lol

Then we went to the statue d´orient. remembering some soldiers who died in north africa.

we walked by the water/coast of Marseille and we saw this funny sign.. lol

One of the bridges we crossed as we walked, the water looked sooo nice and I would so love to have one of the houses up in the hills.

Then we went to a huge park by one of the big beaches. The park was full of people and it seemed like Marseilles version of Hyde Park. It had this nice lake,,

and nice rose garden but as its fall there werent so many roses lol. But it had many palm trees.

By the park we found this creperie and we had a nice nutella crep.. mmm it was delish

When we went back to town there was a BIG demostration going on (no news here) and of course its about the same thing they have been demostrating about since I came to france. One thing that caught my eye that I found hilarious was this sign for people who were demostrating against demostrating... LOL.. (its the orange sign)


We were supposed to catch a bus that was going to take us up to a hill where the big NOTRE DAME church was but thanks to the demostraters the traffic was chaos so we decided to stay in the centre and do some window shopping. We didnt buy much just a book each, I bought a "how to learn swedish" pocket book.. lol its so funny to read how they are supposed to pronunce swedish words.. lol But it will be in handy for me as it has loads of info and a dictionary and its all in french.. :) Maiju bought the same but a Finnish one. We had such a fun time reading the books on our train ride home! We arrived at 21 again in Valence and I got a ride home from the host mom. We had such a nice day and I think I really like Marseille (well the part thats next to the water, not so much the centre).

Well now its sunday.. I have cleaned my room, done my landury and im soon off to the cinema with Auré to see a movie Mai wrote about in her blog. A new funny French movie. I hope its good! Hope you all have a good sunday!

A Bientôt!
BIZZ

ps. song of the day is from Mozart the rock musical that I have discovered thanks to snuttan, so here is the song: l'assasymphonie

No comments:

Post a Comment