Sunday, November 14, 2010

De nombreux plans!

Coucou!

Are you all still there?

This week has been quite calm, I´ve been a bit tired so I havent gone out so much. School has been as always quite calm and everything has strangely gone as planned. This friday some of the kids were told that Im leaving in a month and they were all dissapointed. They thought I was going to stay a year.
I only had one french lesson this week as thursday was a bank holiday here which was quite nice.

Wednesday I spent with Sara.. We met for lunch and then we went for shopping (well sara shopped and I went with her) it was fun but tiring, dont know why but I get very tired after just some shops.. LOL.
In the evening was like always, I met the lovely people from Happy People. It feels like every week comes someone new, this time was a guy who actually lived in Sweden for 6 years so we spoke a little Swedish! Romain (the president of HP) told me now that we finally have a Swedish "group" hehe..
Me, the new guy and Celine (who is learning swedish)

After the pub a group of us decided to go to a "nightclub/pub" in the old town and we staid there until 2am.

Thursday was a day off, so I spent the day with my English friends, Sarah, Jo, Jacob and Sophine. We started the day by talking a walk by the Rhône river which was really nice as the weather was wonderful, we walked for an hour almost and then we had a pizza/movie/game evening. We had some great pizza, ate loads of junk food and watched Sin City and then played some Bananarama (a wordgame).

Friday  I stayed at home after my afternoon lesson as I had a headache, didnt feel like going out and partying. So I had a quiet night in the apartment watching a funny french movie that was on TV.

Saturday I spent with my chilean and peruvian friends Daniela and Diana. Danielas boyfriend Ricardo was going to the town Chambéry (thats 30 mins north from Grenoble) to visit some friends and we decided to tag along. We started the day by eating breakfast together (we had some yummy french pastrys) and then we headed off for the 3 hour trip. Insead of taking the highway he drove by small villages which was really nice.
Here are some pics from the car-ride:



When we arrived ín Chambéry we first went to Ricardos friends house and then we headed off to a mountain next to the town called Mont St. Michel. We did a 20 min hiking up the mountain top and it was really worth walking in the mud as the view up there was amazing. Here are some pics from the mountain top:

the three of us up at the top

the beautiful view

a little church that´s up in the top

View of Chambéry and the small villages next to it.

Look at th middle of the pic and you can see a little plane, there were loads of little planes flying that day.

It has started snowing up with the mountains that is close to Grenoble

the three of us by the church

a really yummy cake (dont remember the name though)

We had a nice picnic and the weather was wonderful

In the evening we headed to Chambéry Centre. Here is Old Town

A nice elephant statue they had in the middle of the town (just had to take it for my mum)

Nice river that runs through the town

The cathedral

We had a long days trip, we left Chambéry by 8 and arrived back in Valence around 11pm.

Today is sunday and as usual I have a quite day in.. Done some washing up, hoovering and now im sitting and watching the last episodes of the 3rd season of True Blood, its sooooo good. 
As you might have seen on my title I have many plans for next week and I do hope I get to do them all. The 2 things im most looking foward to is the Shakira concert on tuesday and then the weekend in Paris when Im going to meet Mai. Im also maybe going to a chocolate factory/shop on friday, where you can taste all the chocolate before buying (so there will be ALOT of testing :P ).

Well I hope you all have a nice start of the week and I´ll be back maybe on wednesday to report on the concert!

Bizz


PS.. I will continue with the french musical.. so this weeks song is BELLE from the musical Notre Dame De Paris, sung by Garou, Partick Fiori and Daniel Levoire

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angie! :)
    Your photos are wonderful!
    One day, you have to go back to France and take me with you, and we have to visit the chocolate factory - oh boy, do we have to! lol
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks Tipsy..
    Hehe yeah it would be fun to do a trip to france all the idsows/SCD`S :)

    Will eat some extra chocolate for you :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. IDSOW /SCD trip to chocolate factory, I am on :-)
    Definitely on the to-do list.

    Great blog and pics as always, Angie, I really enjoying reading and following your life in La France.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete