Monday, December 13, 2010

Au revoir la France!

Hello everyone!

This will probably be my last post from France, as I leave friday morning and I will be busy this days I have left, with lessons and hanging out with my friends (dont want to say goodbye to them). So a week has passed since I last posted and many things happened so lets start with the begining.

Monday: Had my last french lesson, so I said goodbye to all my wonderful teachers there. The weather was really strange also. I told you all in the previous post that it had snowed and it was colder. Well when I got up monday there were NO trace of any snow on the streets or anywhere and it wasnt cold anymore (the wind was warm). Really odd, have never experienced such a quick turn of change.

Tuesday: Still warm and in the evening I met my lovley english and french friends at Kenny Penny´s (Irish Pub) close to the school. As it was tuesday they had the traditional Pub Quiz (never done it) so we decided to participate. it was 30 questions about news, politics, royal families, showbiz and sports. It was fun and our team came 5th.. OH I must tell you all our wonderful team name... wait for it..... QUIZZEL FOR MY NIZZEL... LOL.. the bar owner LOVED our name..

Wednesday: I was VERY tired cuz I got back home around 00.30 from the pub and I had my first lesson at 8 in the morning *yawn*.. The lessons went fast and in the evening I went to meet the Happy People, to say goodbye as I wont be able to go this week.. It was nice to see everyone that hasnt been there for a while. We took a group pic outside the bar:

Thursday: I had my lessons in the morning and then I took the train up to Paris. The trip went really fast (2h30mins) and I met Sandra (other swedish comenius assistant) at Champs Elysée outside H&M of course hehe.. We decided to watch a movie so we went to the cinema and watched the english version of Harry Potter, much nicer when you understand EVERYTHING and they dont call the wand Baugette. After the movie we went to her boyfriend cousin´s place to sleep.

Champs Elysée by evening

Friday: We had to get up early to get ready and take our lauggage to the Comenius meeting. We decided not to go too early as French ppl are always late (we didnt want to be the typical swedes who are always there first). The thing is we didnt expect the place to be hidden so we came half an hour late almost and we had to ask for help to get there. The entire meeting was in French *yawn* and was mostly about Whay you should do as an assistant which didnt help me much as im finishing my assistantship now (it was me and a norwegain girl who are finishing now). Many ppl talked about problems they are having eg. teacher hitting children lol, not being allowed to have pupils on their own, not doing anything during the lesson, not having a mentor and so on. It was really borning so me and Sandra played TP during the meeting.. lol. During lunch we met the other 2 swedes, Angelica and Jonathan and we took a group pic:
Sandra, Me, Angelica and Jonathan.
The meeting finished by 5-ish (THANK GOD) and I, Sandra, Angelica and Denis (Irish Guy) went to our hotel to check in and leave our bags. Before heading out to eat we passed Lidl to buy some cheap Bubbly wine and crips to have a snack while getting ready. We went to eat at a bar/restaurant and then went into town to an Irish Pub to have some drinks.
Angelica, Me, Sandra and Denis at the metro


Saturday: We woke up around 10-ish bought breakfast on the way to Père Lachaise Cemetery. Sandra had never been there and she wanted to see some graves. We only did a fast visit to Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde and Edith Piaf (who Dennis never heard of!! I know.. scandalous!). Took a pic of La Mome´s grave:


Afterwards we went to take a look at the christmas market in Champs Elyseé and we walked from Place the la Concorde up to the Arc de Triumf when we decided to slip up. Denis and Angelica wanted to go up and go to the louvre (they are under 25 so they could go for free) me and Sandra didnt want to pay for things we have done and we were bit tired so we decided to go to the cinema instead. We went to see the new movie with Katherine Heigl, funny and very nice again to see a movie in English with French text. We met the others at a italian restaurant to have dinner before we left for the musical (yep we went to see Mozart). I was a bit dissapionted that Solal (the man who plays Mozarts dad)was not there, but the rest of the original cast was there and this time they made a lot of jokes that people who have seen the musical before live or on dvd could understand. It was aswsome as last time and I think the others liked it aswell. This time I didnt take much pics, I videotaped instead :P

Sunday: I woke up early and left the other (who were still sleeping when I left) and went to the trainstation. I went a bit to early so I had a breakfast and then I went to buy a magazine and a book. I sleept the whole way back to Valence. I  didnt do much when I came home as I was tired and mostly read the news about the attack in Stockholm.

So today is monday and the weather is cold again, well the wind is cold and they are saying it will snow on friday (hold your thumbs that it wont cuz then the train wont go). Oh must tell you about today, they did a little goodbye party at the teachers room today. They had bought snacks and drinks and had gifts for me, chocolates and a book about Drôme (where Valence is). Really nice and a bit embarrassing.. lol. Well thats all I have to tell you now. Should start doing my packing soon to see that everything fits my bag or I will have to send stuff.

Hope you all have a nice week and to everyone in Stockholm SEE YOU SOON!!!!

BISOUS!!!!


Ps.. Song of the day: Thought it was fitting to have Mme Piaf in my list again. So here you have: Je ne regrette rien

2 comments:

  1. It has been so much fun reading about your life in la France and you had another wonderful trip to wonderful Paris. Have a safe journey home, will keep my fingers crossed you won´t get any weather delays, and looking forward to seeing you in the beautiful city of Stockholm! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realise this is a late comment :) but you know why :( - fab post Angie. The whole series has been great - ever thought of becoming a travel writer? ;-) Also, how amazing does the Champs Elysées look? Wow, beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete