Sunday, December 5, 2010

La neige est là!

Bonjour!

Ca và?  Im doing alright. Its been a calm but also eventful and fun week. So I better start straigh away to tell you about it.

Monday to tuesday was nothing special. Did the normal things, work and french class.

Wednesday was interesting. It started snowing a tuesday evening and in the morning it was like 15 cm snow = Chaos in France. I didnt not hear any cars, in the radio they said that they had stopped all buses and trains. I walked over to the teachers room just 5 mins before the clock was going to sound and met the director, M. Mège who said: Like Sweden? Eh?.. haha.. while he was showeling away all the snow of the school yard. I entered the EMPTY teachers room that usually is full of teacher at that time. It was just me and another teacher there.. LOL.. The clock sounded at 7.50 no sign of any other teacher nor students. We waited 10 more minutes and a 5 brave teachers came in, one if them was Auré who I was working with. So we went up to the classroom to see how many students we had, we knew we would have one at least, as its M. Mège´s daughter (and they live at the school as me). But we had 5 students waiting for us (the ones that lives next to the school). So instead of having lessons we had a breakfast, chat and then the kids wanted to sing some Karaoke, so we did that.. So much fun. I stayed with Auré for her second lesson where we had 6 students and we played a game (I won of course :p)..My 2 lessons with Nacira got cancelled as she couldnt get to school. Later in the afteroon I met Jamie (american friend) and we went to the cinema (who luckily was open, as many places were closed cuz of the snow). We saw the new disney movie Tassle (Rapunzel) and it was awesome, best disney movie in years! In the evening I went to meet the ppl from Happy People but almost no one was there (cuz of the snow again). We were 5 who managed to go there.
Took some pics of the snow for you:

Thursday I was sleeping day.. Didnt sleep so well on wednesday so I had a long nap after my lessons and then did nothing in the evening (well I did watch Star Wars VI).

Friday was another fun day. I had my last lesson with one class as I only have them every other friday and well the friday in 2 weeks im going home. So Auré told them that they could bring something small to eat and we were going to have a fun hour (but in english). I guess they missed the something little part becuase when they came they had organized so 4 people were in charge of drinks and mugs, 5 others had things baked and others brought candy. They had sooo much. I showed them a video of sweden (which they loooved), taught them some swedish words (which they loved even more) its really strange, when they speak english they dont pronounce H.. like Hello becomes Ello but when I thaught them Hej, they pronounced it well and clearly.. hmm.. They had a little gift for me aswell, they printed they classphoto for me and in the back they wrote messages like: I love you, Thank you and so on.. Sooooo cute.
In the evening I had the EA gang over (english assistants) to have a musical/ brinner evening. Brinner=Breakfast+Dinner. Jamie our american friend made some yummy french toast and then of course we had wine with it and alot of snacks while watching Mozart L´Opera Rock on DVD. It was a nice cosy evening.  Here are some pics:

French Toast

The gang: Sarah, Jo, Jacob, Moi and Jamie


 Saturday morning I did nothing excited.. I slep until quite late (10-ish i think) and then did some laundery and dishes. Had a nice lunch and dinner before I headed over to Roxanas for a get together with the chilean/french gang. We had a great time drinking wine, eating Chips and talking, by 12-ish we went to a night club and danced until 2 and then me and Amanda (Brasilian friend) got a ride from the 3 french guys (friends with Roxanas boyfriend) but we ended up staying at Amanda´s for another hour drinking wine and laughing alot. The 2 french guys I had not met before were so funny, talking spanish and english and they were asking me like 3 times if we had Burger King in Sweden. I was like , eh.. yeah.. and they seemed awed. So I had to ask them if they loved BK and their answer was: No, we have never eaten there but its our dream! (eh...ok? heheh). They droped me off at my place around 3.30 am.
Here are some pics from that evening:
Las 3 amigas chilenas

The christmas light was turned on this weekend in Valence

So pretty

Ricardo, Daniela, Me, Amanda and Roxana at the club

Us dancing (hmm I do look a bit wierd.. I think I was singing along.. hehe)

So today I had another sleep in, then did some french grammar in my book and watched a movie before heading out to the cinema with my finnish friend Maiju. We watched a funny but very wierd french movie called Le Nom Des Gens.

Oh this week I FINALLY heard from the Comenius office about the meeting in Paris.. Its next friday so im off to Paris Thursday afternoon to sunday morning :) and I cant wait.. It will be fun meeting the other swedish and other assistants and im going to see Mozart the musical AGAIN live.. with the swedish girls and an irish guy who is sharing a hotel room with us. Im so looking foward to this but also a little sad that I will be missing the Fête des luminéres in Lyon, well well.. you cant have everything.

Well that was what I did this week.. hope you all had a good week aswell and I guess you´ll hear from me again when Im back from Paris. Until then take care all of you!

Bizz

song of the day: Christophe Mae - Belle Demoiselle


No comments:

Post a Comment