Monday, November 29, 2010

Où est le "Baguette?/ Where is the Baguette?

Hello all!

New week, new day, new post! Hope you all had a great week and weekend (well apart from my homie Gabi who was in an accident :( )..

So last week was a bit more calmer than the one before, I needed that so much as I was knackerd last week, it feel good now and im ready for more adventures now! Oh we got some snow in valence a few days ago, well if you can call it snow? its a little white dust on the roofs and cars.. lol.. Here look:

(not as much snow as sweden and england has.. hehe)

School was as always, good, some obidient pupils as always but what can you do? (well I did give detention to 2 of them :p ). It was also Nacira´s birthday so me and the two Aurélie bought her some really yummy luxurious chocolate from a local chocolate shop that I had not noticed until now. The man working there was so passionated about his chocolate he talked for ages about the different flavours and stuff like that.. lol.. and we got to taste stuff aswell. Nacira was very happy with her present.

Oh on Wednesday was (FINALLY) the premier of the new Harry Potter movie here in France. So I went to see it with my american friend Jamie. Unfortunally they only show french versions here in Valence we had to see it in French. Strangly it went well, you could understand 90% of what was said and I loooved the movie. I just have to see it in English now when I get home. Oh the best part of the movie which made me laugh and that was many times was when they said wand in French = Baguette LOL.. and you know its harry potter so they use the word alot. The first time they said it I was actually looking after a baguette *blush*.

This weekend Isabelle stayed in Valence cuz the school had "open doors" for the families of future students on the Saturday, so her boyfriend came over and I decided to stay out of the apartment as much as I could :p. So friday evening after dinner I met Jacob, Jamie and some other people from their foyer on the Irish Pub that is really close to where I live, the place was EMPTY which was strange as it was friday evening but it seemed like all of Valence was in another bar called Webster (who had a live reagge band playing). So everyone went there after a drink at the Irish place and I went home.

Saturday I met Jacob, Jamie, Sophie and Sarah (the english assistant gang) at the gare(station) to take the train to Lyon. We had a whole day in Lyon doing some shopping, visiting the miniature/cinema museum, visisting the christmas market, having a great dinner at Pizza Pino and of course  tea at Starbucks before taking the last train back to Valence. Here are some pics from the Lyon trip:
The museum has 4 floors

As a Star Wars fan I just HAD to take a pic
Group pic

A miniature asian room

A miniature barber shop

Miniature shoes

Us having some fun at the museum.. lol

this is a really cool lamp shop, you buy these small light balls in diffrerent colous and you can hang them on your window or hang them on the x-mas tree.. its really cool you choose what colours you want. I wish we had it in sweden.

Notre Dame (lyon) by night

X-mas market in Lyon

The ugly x-mas tree (who puts umbrellas on a tree?)


Straight after coming home from Lyon I went over to my chilean friends and we went out to dance a bit in a new club that I had not been to. So here I am with Roxana and Daniela.


Sunday afternoon, I, Daniela and Ricardo went to the little town called Romans that is 20-30 mins away from Valence as they were having an historical walk there. The president of Happy People Romans had organized it. The three of us were the only ones from Valence and then there were 3 others from there. We had a great time walking listening(in French) to the historical facts about the buildings. 
One of the old houses

This is the stairways to the oldest house in Romans


The president of HP Romans, Eric lived in the oldesnt house and he invited us to have tea and eat roasted chestnuts that were delish.. I ate so much that I didnt have dinner that evening. It was nice as the whole walk and the chat in his apartment was all in french so we got to practice the language.

Well that was it, this week im not sure yet what I will do. Probably hang out alot with my friends as its only 2 weeks and 4 days left I have here in France. Time sure has gone fast, as they say, Time flies when you are having a good time. 
Until next time prenez garde!

Bizz

Song of the day: Just realised I haven´t had any music of the boys (il divo).. so here you have their only recorded french song: Pour que tu m´aimes encore!

No comments:

Post a Comment