Monday, November 22, 2010

L´assasymphonie....

Salut mes amies!

Im back from a WONDERFUL time in Paris! But lets start with the days before that.

As you all know I saw Shakira last tuesday but what did I do after that.. Well loads of things:

Wednesday aftrer my lessons in the evening I went to play some basketball with 2 of the student recidences here in Valence. I had a ball, hadn´t played basketball in 9 years so it felt nice to be back in the game. We played for 2 hours (which was long but we were having so much fun that we didnt want it to end). I even scored 8 points for our team. After I went for a quick COCA (coke in french.. lol) with Happy People).

Thursday I had NO lessons.. woho.. so I sleept alot and then got ready for my french lesson. Afterwards I met Celine, the french woman who wants to learn Swedish. She works in St. Perey where I take my French Lessons so we went to her office and sat there and talked for an hour or two then she gave me a lift home.

Friday´s lessons went fast. I did some dictation with the older kids and they LOVED it (dont ask me why?) they even seemed to want me to give them grades on it (but I didnt hehe). Afterwards I met Cécile to go to Valrhona! The shop of the "luxury" chocolate Valrhona. The shevles were FULL of chocolate and you could taste them all, I tasted the same truffle 4 times.. LOL it was sooo yummy. I bought some chocolate with me, my favs and the best part apart for the tasting bit is that they give you extra chocolate as a gift !!!
So this is what I bought;

and this is what I got for free (this is my kind of shop)



After the chocolate shop I had to do a quick dinner, do some landury and pack my bag fast before leaving for the South American Music Concert that HP had organized.. The concert/party was a hit. David a guy from Chile and his friend played some latin music for us and we all had something to drink and eat with us. It was a nice evening.
David playing the flute and his friend the guitar

The latin gang, from the left: Manolo (Brasil), Moi, Roxana (Chile), Daniela (Chile), Ricardo (Chile), Diana (Peru).

Saturday: I woke up early to do the final packing and took the train to Paris. I had planned to sleep the 2 and a half hours to Paris BUT I borrowed a book from Auré called A year in the Merde by Stephen Clarke. A really funny book about an english man who gets a job in Paris and all the cultural clashes he comes across.. You can recognize yourself in the book if you have been in France for a while, thats what makes it even more fun. I couldnt stop reading so I read half of the book on the way to Paris and the rest on the way back..Now im in book nr 2 Merde Actually. I really recommend the book to everyone! Well I met up with Mai in Paris as we arrived at the same time but different stations so we met in the middle. It was soo nice seeing Mai again and be able to speak Swedish again (apart from the phone calls with my mum). I found it a bit difficult at fist as I use mostly English so sometimes I said some words in English to Mai when I couldnt find the Swedish one.. LOL.. Before checking in to the hotel we went to Pigalle to visit the Swedish shop called AFFÄREN! Oh we were in heaven when we entered it. They had EVERYTHING you can imagine being swedish.. I bought some cripsbread, Nyopnsoppa (rosehip soup), sweets, plopp and some Dill Chips for my american friend here in Valence.. hehe..

                                                                The lovley shop:
The window, with the Lucia train, Christmas star, Gingerbread house ect..

As we took the metro to the hotel we passed the station where the Swedish institute is

After checking in at our OK hotel (the room was quite small but it was nice located near Gare du Nord) we headed off to the centre to have a brunch at Angelina´s, a wonderful salad and some yummy pasties for dessert.
This is me outside my restaurant

The ferrisweel was back by place de la concorde.

Just between Concorde and Champs Elysée they had a christmas market and we bought some really good strawberried dipped in dark chocolate..

After visiting some shops in C.E (without buying anything) we were by the Arc de Triumph.. Which was shining beautifully that I had to take a pic of it.. :)

We went home for a quick change of clothes and some make up retouch and then we headed off to the arena where Mozart was being shown. But we were there a bit early so we had a nice dinner in a restaurant infront of the arena. We both had a yummy Smoked Salmon Club Sandwich. Before taking our seats I bouht a Mozart Blinking Pin (I am an IDsow.. we like blinking stuff lol) and a poster that I can hang beside my LRS poster in my room) and the we passed the bar to buy some Vodka (absolute Vodka of course) and some Sprite to make a drink.. hehe..
Here we are with our yummy drinks waiting for the show to start. They were showing ads for other shows coming up in the screens and one of them was called Mother Fucker.. LOL.. I laughed when I saw it..

The show started.. and the person in all white is the main reason I wanted to see this musical.. his name is MERWAN RIM.

A cool act

the end of the show.. the main characters giving a bow..

We decided to wait after the show to see if we could get some autographs and we saw THE WHOLE cast.. and we got our tickets signed from the 3 main male actors/singers.

This is Florent (mr hunk) Mothe who plays Mozarts enemy.

Merwan (cutie pie) Rim who had different characters in the show

Mikelangelo (must be gay lol) Loconte who plays MOZART

We got home around 1 a.m, tired but very excited after the amazing show we saw and meeting the cast. Here we are happy with our signed tickets.

We talked for at least 1 hour so we went to bed around 2-3 and got up at 7 the next morning *yawn*.. we had to get up early as we were visiting Versailles. We wanted to be there as early as possible. We had breakfast at the hotel and then took the metro and RER tain to Versailles. As we were there quite early there wasnt really a queue, which was nice. But the bad thing was that the weather was horrible, it was cold and raining.
Here is Versailles

Le Roi Soleil :p Not as hunky as Manu Moire in the musical.. hehe

They are having an exposition of a japanese cartoon artist. It was really wierd to watch all the old stuff mixed with the modern cartoon thingys..

The house was enormous but this was one of my second fav place of the palace, the mirror room.

King Louis XIV bedroom (where all the action happened, as ppl from the Cribs would say)

Marie- Antionette.

This room was my fav in the palce, Marie-A´s room.. So girly and nice.

After having seen most of the rooms we took the little train that took us around on the HUGE gardens (we were too cold to walk)
Us making faces in the train.. lol

The dragon fountain

After Versailles we took the RER back to Paris and had a nice lunch by the Tour Effeil. It was quite foggy so you couldnt see the top of the tower.. Is it just me, but isnt the tower quite boring in the daylight?

We walked by Troccadero (aka SebbieLand) and continued to Champs Elysée to visit some shops we missed the day before and Mai had to get the Merde book.. hehe.. I also wanted to have the chocolate stawberries again.
Before heading back to the hotel to get our lauggage we walked by the ferriswheel that was shining.

After getting the bags we had to say goodbye to eachother.. It was a sad moment.. we had such a good time we didnt want to leave.

Me and Mai looking sad.


As I said before on the way back I finished the book and I arrived back in Valence by 22 in the evening and got almost straight to bed as I was soooo tired. Still am.. haha.

Well that was what I did last week.. it was packed with actvities that im thinking of taking it easy this week, but you know me if something fun turns up im off to do it.. Life is to short to miss out on fun things..

Well I better go and plan my lessons for tomorrow now! Hopeyou havent found this post tooo long and borning.. haha..
Will be back later in the week with a new and hopefullly shorter post.

Have a good week everyone!

BIZZ

Ps.. This weeks song will be a song I had a few weeks ago L´Assasymphonie, but it suits as its from the musical I saw this past weekend! Oh and for you who has Facebook if you want to see more pics I post them on the FB page..;)  Oh and you who follows this blog, please leave a little comment after reading, Its fun to see what you think and to see who is following it.. 

5 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed Mozart (Merwan is also my fav! hence my pic on facebook - I think he was a little shocked that we knew his name and that he had been duc de beaufort - happy memories from Bercy!).

    How was the new Mama Weber? The original was a friend of mine from Cabaret (as was Claire Perot who is in the DVD).

    Adore Flo and Mikelangelo (such a sweetie!)

    Bizzzzzzzzzz

    Eli
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack för en toppenhelg med dig! Jag hade det sââ roligt! Saknar dig redan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi eli!

    I think the new mama weber was ok.. didnt noticed so much difference..(as my eyes and ears was on the boys of the show.. lol)

    Mai.. saknar dig me! kjam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie

    So glad to know you and Mai had such a great trip to Paris, it is such a fantastic city, wish I could have been there with you. Ohhh and the Valrhona shop, I sooo want to go there.
    Thanks for some wonderful pics :-) hugs Bekka xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie!
    Wow this was a long post and there is so much to comment on! It all looks totally fabulous! You've packed so much into the last week lol - more than I do in a year, I'm very jealous hehe.
    The Chocolate factory/shop looks gorgeous, as does the Swedish shop - and I love that pic of your restaurant hehe. Oh and the pics of Versailles, too! Lol
    Love it all - glad you're having such a fantastic time!
    Hugssssssss
    xx

    ReplyDelete