Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bonne Dimanche!

Hi Everyone!

Cant believe its sunday again, time is starting to go faster. I have been here for 3 weeks now, feels like yesterday when I arrived here.

So what have I been up to since Thursday well..lets start with friday which was quite interesting.
I woke up in the morining with a text from Aurelie who I have 2 lessons with on fridays, she was ill and wouldnt come to work. I also heard Nacira was home sick (everyone in school is getting sick :O I guess its my turn soon, but I hope I dont catch the virus). I only had to have one of the classes and skipped the second as the kids were alowed to go home as english was their last lesson.  I later went to shop a bit, it started raining this day.. And I dont mean some raindrops but POURING rain, and I only have my cloth shoes with me. So I went to look for some boots and found one pair (at H&M of course :P ) as the other shoe shops are sooo expensive.. hehe.. I was in my little own world while shopping that I almost lost track of time until Sara texted me 15 mins before we were going to meet to go Climbing. I had to run home, change clothes and run back to the centre to meet sara. We walked down to the south part of valence were the climbing club was, as we didnt know what bus went there we walked for 20 mins in the rain.. lol..
There we met Marion who had invited us.
So for 1 hour and a half we learnt everything about climbing and it was soooo difficult. I know you have to use your legs but you pull yourself with the arm automaticlly and you are supposed to have your arm straight out (meaning not have the upperbody close to the wall) thats easily said than done. You are so affraid of falling when you are up that high up you want to be as close to the wall as possible.. lol..
So here are some pics:
                                                              (sara the catwoman)
(me holding Marion safe when she is up climbing)

(Marion was up at the top VERY fast)

(now its my turn)

(getting higher :p)

The day after and even today I have a killer ache in the arms, hands and fingers. It hurts just to type this.. lol.. Marion invited us to come again, and I think we will go again! I slep very good that night.. lol.

I woke up early on Saturday morning as we were going to a market they have once a year in town, with Sara and Pierre. This market is an international one, organisations from the 6 countries that has a connection with Valence do this. The countries are Germany, Italy, England, Armenia, Iran and Israel. Sara and Pierre overselp so we went to the market quiet late.. almost when most of the stands were closing but we managed to get a really good Israeli kebab (or well it was vegetarian it was with falafer) it was YUMMY! and we bought some dessert aswell from them.
THis is a pic of the place of the market:


Afterwards we went to the little mall they have in Valence to check if there was any tickets left for the Shakira concert in Lyon on the 16th nov. Some chilean friends are going so I wanted to go aswell and so did Sara and Pierre, so we bought tickets.. WOHO.. soo happy.



I then went home to catch up with some swedish tv, in other words IDOL.. hehe.. and I must say I have many favs and all of them have passed. WOHO..
In the evening I went to the 80s & 90s party with Happy People. Many ppl came, many I hadnt met so I got to know more ppl, from Austria, more Americans, Canadian, Polish.. We had fun dancing to old songs, talking and singing along to songs we remember. I must say that the french are a bit strange (or maybe just this pub) but I ordered a Strawberry Daquerri (as I saw they had it on their list) and when they came with it, it looked like a milk shake. They had put cream and sprinkles on  top.. (HELLO when have you seen a daquerri with cream?) and it didnt even taste good so my next drink was a smirnoff ice.. lol..
I didnt take many pics but Romain (president of Hp did) so here are two:

I was home around 2 in the morning. Couldnt sleep straight away so I read a few chapters of the Mockingjay (aaaaa its soo good, and I dont want to finish it lol).
As you can understand im pretty tired today and my body stills ache from friday so Im having a lazy day, watching movies and well have been a good students and worked in my french grammar book aswell. :p

Well im off to make dinner now, salmon with pesto and rice is on the menue tonight.
Hope you all have  a good start of the new week and talk to ya soon!

BISOUS


Song of the day: Christophe Maé- On s´attache

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angie :D
    Love the pics, esp the climbing wall ones - you did really well!
    Glad you're having such a great time - hope you don't catch anything from the others at school! :)
    Be good! ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coucou!! Vad roligt det ser ut med klättringen! Duktig du är! Hm; jag hade tänkt köpa biljetter till Christophe Maé konsert nästa fredag i Rennes; Men jag vet inte; har inte Lângre nâgon att gâ med! ;( önskar att du vore här!

    Bisous Mai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww.. va synd mai.. Hmm men om du går in på ngn av hans forum och kollar efter andra som ska dit och hänger med dom? :P ngn som bor i ditt område`? Jag önskar jag oxå va där, i alla fall nästa fredag

    kram

    ReplyDelete