Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bonsoir!

Bonsoir tous!

Ce moi encore.. Ok enough french.

So many things has happened this week. Most importantly I have started my French Lessons! I was a bit nervous taking the buss by myself but it went well, I didnt get lost and I found the room where the lesson was being held. This is not a school but an assosiation of the town that has lessons in music, dans, english, french for adults and many more things (thats why its so cheap) and the teachers are old (cute) teachers that do this for free. So firstly we are not so many students (peeww) and as I was the only beginner, I got a teacher for myself. A really cute old man who knows a little english but hardly use it only when I didnt understand his explination. On monday we worked on a grammar book I bought and today aswell. Seems like a good place tp learn. Its a calm place and these pleople really wants to help you. The village Saint Péray where the lessons are is soooo cute, took some pics today on the way there, it was with my cell phone so the pics are not the best (will take more pics another day):

The local church

A river used to cross the village

As you can see its an old village


I´ve been ordering more French learning books from Amazon (as I was given 150 Euros to study French), Hopefully they will arrive soon and help improve my talking.

School has been going well, as last week I still take some pupils to work with but this week 2 interesting things happen. First on monday, I was going to work with Nacira and was taking 8 pupils to do an activity with them, but at the begining of the class she was called to a meeting, she didnt know how long it would take so she asked me have them do a dialogue that they were doing before they called her. After 15 mins all the pupils had talked and still no sign of Nacira. So I decided to do the activity with the whole class (26 of them and they are beginners in English), strangely enough it went very well, everyone was concentrated, active and well in the end I had them alone the whole hour. Some girls came to me afterwards and said: You are a good teacher..  hehe
And the other thing that happened was TODAY, as you know it is French culture to go on strike and demostrate, so today it was time for it again and one of the teachers I was working with (who I had 2 lessons with today) did that. Luckily this time I just had small groups to work with but it was strange not having her here, even today pupils came to me and said: What a great lesson.. Hehe.. I guess they like me.

Oh and thanks to the strike/demostration I almost didnt made it home from Saint Péray today, the bus didnt go into Valence. Luckily the weather is good here.. really sunny and 25 C so the bus stoped before the bridge that goes to Valence so I had a nice walk over. Took one pic of the river Rhône with my cell:


Yesterday was the weekly meeting with Happy People and it was as fun as all week but I think a bit extra this time as we were soooo many ppl. Of course I met new ppl from France, Brasil, American, Finland, Germany and I was happy as Sara and Pierre was back from Paris. Me and Sara met erlier in the week to have a walk in town (with other words SHOPPING lol) and I took her to my fav juice/Smoothie place in the centre. I have only tasted one smoothie called Orange Blossom, its with Orange (duh), Ginger, Carrots and Lemon... Sooooo good and I think they put a little sugar. Its perfect now that its so sunny here, to have a refreshing drink. So next time I have to try another one with strawberries..

Tomorrow me, Sara and Marion ( a french girl from HP) are going Rock Climbing (well its on a wall lol). Marion does that every week so she is taking us to her club, it will be fun to try as I havent done it since I was 14 or something. Then on saturday will be a busy day, In the morning im meeting Sara and Pierre to go to a international market then maybe meet Aurélie (young english teacher I work with) and in the evening PAAARTY with Happy People, its a 80s & 90s party at a pub in town.  I will need sunday to recover.. lol..

Hope you will have a good weekend and I will probably be back with pics and new post on sunday.

Bisous

Song of the day: Cant have a french song list without having my Sebbie there, so here you have LIBRE (nanananaaa nanananaa )



1 comment:

  1. Well done Angie, teaching the class all by yourself not only once, but twice. That is impressive. Ohh yes the French love going on strike, that is in their culture.
    Thanks for "Libre" always makes me smile to hear Sebbie :-)
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete