Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bonne Jeudi!

Salut!

Thought it was time for me to posts again, though  not with pics.. :( Havent been that active this week with the cam lol.. as I´ve just been working.
Well I can give you ONE pic (being nice.. lol) of one of the many statues they have here of a short dude you might know..

Yep, Napoleon reading a book lol (this is located next to the main shopping street)


So think week has been quite interesting for me as I have started to have my own lessons with most of the classes. I´ve been having a few, like 2 and 2, 6 pupils, 8 pupils, half the class in my own classroom. It has gone ok most of the time, they seem to like having me here so most wants to go away with me to the other classroom. Hehe. When Nacira told her first class that some were going with me almost everyone raised their hands and said they wanted to go. One even said: I want to go, I love Angelina.. awww arent they cute?
I havent needed to plan anything special as the teachers has been sending me emails the evening before so I know what to do with them the following day which is nice, not so much planning time for me :p.

As I said before most classes has been great apart from one group I had, it was with one of the younger students. I had 4 guys who wouldnt stop talking, It was difficult for most to understand me as its their first year of english, but having them takling made it even more difficult for them to hear. I had to change when they were sitting and be stricked. One of the things I was going to do with them was to do Simon Says (using Classroom words that they are learing), BUT most of them didnt know Simon says. I got a bit nervous as I didnt know how to explain it to them in French, but luckily I had a girl who had played it before and I had her explaining the game to everyone in French.. pewww thank god for her.. lol.. The same girl helped me later to give me the 4 boys name so I could tell Aurélie who I was working with that day, and YES they were punished *mohahaha*.. Well the first day everyone in school said  YOU HAVE TO BE STRICT, so I was strict and the boys got extra home work. I dont think they will talk as much next time.

Yesteday I had one of Naciras classes who were quite talkative last week when I first met them, especially a girl in the class. So I was a bit nervous having them alone, but what a difference it was this time when we were alone. They were soooo quiet I could almost hear them breathing., lol.. I was reading them a text and they had to fill in a questionaire with information about what I was reading. They were to focused about what I was reading and afterwards when  I asked for the answers they were all active and wanted to answer. Well everyone apart from one boy who I dont see a cure for, lol.. He seems to be in LA LA land in school, either he doesnt get enough sleep at home or he has some kind of concentration problem. But im enjoying this week as I have more to do, and I have gone from Angelina (last week I was introduced as Angelina so most called me that) to Miss .. hehe. its so cute hearing that, not so used to it back in Sweden.

Last night I went to the Happy People meeting as last week. But this time the french girls I talked to and Sara and Pierre couldnt come, so I met new people intead which was quite fun. I met a Chilean girl called Roxana who I maybe will meet this Saturday to celebrate September 18th, the independence of Chile from Spain.. wohooo.. lol.. So its the national day. She only knows 2 other chileans here in Valence so she was so happy to get to know me. She has been in France for 3 years so her French is very good. So I hope we will do something on sat, it depends on if she has to go somewhere with her work. I also met her co-workers, 2 nice french guys and 2 chinese girls. It seems like different people come every week so its going to be fun to see who comes next week.

On sunday morning (yawn) Nacira is taking me to the town next to Valence, where I will be taking my French lessons. She is taking me so I find the place on monday when it start (aaah Im a bit nervous, I wonder what kind of ppl will be there), but its VERY cheap 15 euros for a year :O and its 2 hours on mondays and 2 on thursdays, so that will keep me busy and hopefully make me start talking more. I started talking a bit with Isabelle today :p

Oh before I leave I have to tell you that I tried the salsa and I wont go back,.. LOL.. It was fun but toooooooo advanced for me. It was for people who has danced salsa for over a year, and I have like 2 months of salsa, like 5 years ago. The teacher was nice and there are beginner classes but I dont want to go alone and its so far away from where I live.

Well thats it from me today. Going to catch up with Swedish Idol and read another chapter of The Mockingjay... its so good and im making myslef read the book slowly so it doesnt end to soon.. hehe..

Having problems with Mixpod so there wont be a ´today´s song´ You will have to bare to listen to the wonderful Mr Fiori again.

Bisous

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie :D
    Aww your kiddies sound great, especially now you're a Miss lol :D so cute! Hopefully they'll all be good in class, now they know what they can/can't get away with. ;-)
    15 euros for a year's worth of French lessons? Wow, that's fantastic!
    I'm still jealous of your Happy People group, it just sounds brilliant.
    Btw love, love LOVE the song you have on here (the first one on your mix) - it reminds me of the first time I listened to Libre and makes me feel all gooey hehe. :)
    Have a great weekend, Miss! :p xx

    ReplyDelete