Monday, September 13, 2010

Moi Encore!

Bonsoir à tous!

I hope you are all still doing fine!

I just had an adventurous weekend last week. Lets start with Saturday..

Did a walk around other part of town (took me like 15... the town is really small.. LOL).. and then went for some shopping. Needed some food and found a sweater and some pants.. I was a bit tired as I had been up til´ 3 in the morning the day before. The weather was great, I think it was 28 C or something but it felt like over 30 C in the sun! I sat and enjoyed the sun a bit in the park while talking with my dad.  Later that day my mom called aswell, which made me happy. My homesickness went away, tho im still a bit homesick as I found out that my grandma is not doing well again and been to the hospital. It makes me wanna go back and just be close to my family if she get bad results from the doctors.. Well shouldnt think about it now.. (happy thoughts.. happy thoughts).

Well in the evening I met up with Sara (the chinese girl from Happy People) and her french boy friend Pierre. We walked around the whole town looking for a bar they had heard was good but at last when we found it, it looked dead hehe. So we decided to try out the Irish bar near where I live. So we sat there had a beer (me a smirnoff Ice) talked, looked at ppl wearing strange, old fashioned clothes (they had a napoleon festival or something this weekend). And the funniest was the bar´s entertainment, a guy not singing irish songs but POP songs and some rock ones, BUT his voice was sooooo bad.. LOL. We couldnt stop laughing when he sang "Hit me Baby one more time".

Here are the ppl in napoleon clothes:



By midnight we decided to check out the towns nightlife and found 1 night club ( I think they are total 2 night clubs in town.. lol) and we were lucky as we arrived 50 seconds before you had to start paying to get in. When we got in we got hats aswell.. lol we looked so funny at the dancefloor but everyone else were wearing them aswell so we werent alone. The club was ok, mixed music, mixed ppl, everything from 18-40 but it was a bit small. Just before we left a girl who went up to dance on the dancepole the club has fell down and I think she broke her knee. She layed down and screamed when they touched her knee. So an ambulance came and picked her up (her parents must have been happy when they got the call from the hospital.. not). She was VERY drunk and thats why I think she fell. I walked back home by 2 in the morning.

On sunday I had to sleep ... and then wash my clothes. I had problems with the dryer, but I managed to dry my clothes without them shrinking .. (yey).. Then by 4 I met up with Sara and Pierre again to go and climb Château du Crussol (which is the castle that is on the mountain that I see from my window view). Luckily Pierre has a car but he is not from Valence so he knew as little as us on how to get there. We drove around for half an hour before we found the path to the mountain. I must say it was really beautiful being up there, you could see whole of Valence and other towns around it. It was a bit hard on the legs walking up but so worth it, and really scary to walk down.. lol.. When we got to the top we heard thunder from the mountain opposite from this one and we decided to walk down, and it was good that we did as it started POURING down rain.  Before going home we decided to check out Valence Marina, it was not much to see but still we could now check it off our list. I slept very well that night.
Oh you didnt think I would stop this without showing pics from the castle?-- Hehe..
Here they come:
Cute donkey at the begining of the mountain.

Just before the castle there is like a theatre with a great view of the region.

This is where we were going to walk up to

Up at the first part of the castle


The other mountain from where we could hear the thunder.

View of Valence (its the part after the river, othe the centre and top part of the pic)

Me and Valence behind me

some grape farms

Me and Sara at the top


2 rainbows after the rain


and for the last pic.... Valence Marina


Well that was my weekend. Unfortunally this weekend wont be as eventful as Sara and Pierre has to go to Paris to move his things down to Valence, so they will be away for some days :( Will have to find something else to do.

Oh before I stop writing... Im thinking of coming home for the holidays in oct-nov. Cuz its 11 days long, and Isabelle will probably be away all that time. My mum can only come for the first weekend meaning I will have to be in Valence for 10 days doing NOTHING.. hehe as I have done most of the things you can do here. As most of you know I dont like doing stuff by myself, like going away for the weekend and I had looked how much it would cost for me to example stay in Paris longer or visit Mai or a family member in Lille and it costs as much as or more than coming home. Hmmm not sure what I will do but its leaning to that decition, what do you think? If I go home I can celebrate my birthday with my friends :p and change my whole wardrobe ( so I dont spend to much money shopping here lol) ... I will think about it a bit more.

Well thats all from me for the moment. Will come back and post again when I feel bored.

Bisous!

Oh almost forgot the song of the day..... Patrick Fiori (gotta love that voice) - 4 morts sur un piano


3 comments:

  1. Bonjour Angie!
    I luvvvvv your blog :D it's like living in your pocket hehe. Fab pictures and your new friends seem really nice! The place looks great, it's very picturesque isn't it! :) (Wish I could visit you there.)
    I think you're probs right about going home, everything about it sounds right. That's my opinion anyway ;-) lol
    Hope your grandma is ok. Big hugs.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks lovely

    And I adore 'mon autre Patrick'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hej va roligt de e och läsa din blogg och det är riktigt vackert där puzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz min bästa dotter

    ReplyDelete